Friday 25 March 2011

Skin Of My Teeth

Happy Friday boys and girls!!!

I don't know how, but after a weekend of particularly heinous cake-fuelled eating and a subsequent week of not overly inspired getting-back-to-itness, I've somehow arrived back at my lowest weight to date of 12st 2.8lbs.  Unless you count my second standing on the scales when I got up properly after my lie-in in which case I'm at a new low ... but I don't, so we shall ignore that.

I think it is fair to say that I have exercised my Jammy Bugger card this week and got away with it by the skin of my teeth.

However I got here - fate, the Gods, downright flukiness - it now comes down to me to put in a bit of effort to keep going.

I've had a lovely impromptu day off work today - basically the equivalent of the US' mental health day - a last minute decision yesterday that I didn't want to go to work today and just wanted a completely unplanned day to relax and unwind.  And that's exactly what I've had, except it's actually turned out oddly productive.  I've woken up naturally without an alarm, wandered into town in the sun to collect my contact lenses and then stopped at Starbucks on the way back to sit for a quiet hour with a muffin (skinny of course) and just peacefully devour a magazine from cover to cover. 

I've also tidied the flat, done several loads of washing, cancelled some direct debits, chased some money owed to me and made some enquiries about a new car ... productive or what!  And in between times had extra tasty lunch and read some of my book.

Eats have not been at all bad today so that's pleasing.  The plan for this weekend runs something along the lines of driving back to Malvern tonight to stay with my Dad, and then meeting up with friends tomorrow for a nice walk somewhere and possibly dinner and watching the England v Wales football, or something along that line anyway.  I'm still not drinking due to my giving the old alco-frol for Lent, so that makes things a little easier - here's hoping (and aiming) for a fairly restrained but fun weekend.

Enjoy the sunshine, lovelies!

Today I like: (aside from the sun and free time obviously) the way I have natural colour along my cheekbones which accentuates them ... and hell, that I have cheekbones at all these days :o)

1 comment:

Zanna said...

Awesome news! Need a bit of flukiness now and then. Love the idea of a 'me' day and great to hear how mch you enjoyed it. Zxx