Wednesday 22 April 2015

Flying High .... And Home

I can't believe just how quickly the time has suddenly flashed by ... I've done my final handover in the office, been asked when I'll be back (not if, but when, which is always nice) to work out for my company again, cleaned my apartment this afternoon, and all that's left is to pack the last few things and clean the chalet we're staying in tomorrow morning.

Tomorrow afternoon I start the long drive home.

HOME.  And do you know what? I'm totally ready for it.  The Alps are stunning at this time of year, and there's a part of me that's sad to be leaving this lifestyle behind and the ability to ski in the middle of a work day, but there's another part, a louder part, that just craves to see family and friends and the UK again, right now.

One thing I did manage to squeeze in before my departure was my parapent ride!!  I said here that it was one of my goals on my fun list before my 35th, and I actually got off my ass and sorted it out and it was AMAZING!!

I was a bit nervous about it, because I'm secretly a bit scared of heights, but I've watched them circling over my dad's house for years and it's always given me that dreamy feeling of wondering how amazing it must be, and now I know!!






Next to tick off, one of my three new countries for the year in just over a week's time - Morocco!!!

See you on the other side of the Channel!

1 comment:

Seren said...

Welcome home!

Sx