Saturday 19 October 2013

A Loss Is A Loss

Well, it wasn't the most dramatic weight loss result the world has ever seen, but it was a loss.  The smallest loss I could have had and still technically called it a loss, I'll grant you, but I'll take what I'm given!

Was this week 9?  Probably.  And the result was a tiny, little, sliver of a quarter lb off.  In one way, that's a little disappointing, but a loss is a loss is a loss.  And frankly, after a week of stress, lack of sleep, and some rather inprudent eating, I'd say it was entirely what I deserved.  The fact also remains that I saw the scale go considerably lower than that during the week, which gives me some confidence that I haven't gone completely off the reservation, and that this is just a little "bounce" of the scales.

It has also given me a well-timed kick up the arse to strengthen my resolve and get it right this week.  Friday's are often one of my more relaxed days eating-wise - the start of a new week and the furthest point from weigh in, etc - but I don't think I've been too shabby today at all.  Catching myself with thoughts of takeaway a I left work (8pm this evening - not so bad!), I sort of stopped and listened to what I was saying.  Metaphorically speaking.  I was thinking "it's been a long day, it's wet and miserable out - I could treat myself to a takeaway and catchup on all the recorded tv".  Then I thought, actually it's been a bloody long week, lacking in sleep, relaxation or vegetables - if you want to treat yourself when you get home, have something healthy and including veggies.  Treat your body well.

So I did.

This is how I behaved the first couple of weeks when i got some really excellent results - little things and baby steps

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There are two types of loss dear. First gives happiness and second one pressurized us why only little bit.



Regards,
Kopi Luwak