Sunday 7 July 2013

6 Questions

I've borrowed this from the wonderful Sas' website, because after reading her own post, the questions rang very true with me. I'm a little later than the solstice, but it's still very much the midpoint of the year, and that's good enough for me.

One: Did you have a word for this year? How has it manifested itself? If you didn’t have a word, what is the theme that has played out in your life so far this year?
Two: What are you most proud of?
Three: What have you chosen to let go of?
Four: What has been your greatest joy or surprise?
Five: What book, movie, exhibition, tv programme, play, concert, article, photograph, or website has been your favourite find?
Six: What three things do you want for yourself by the next Solstice – 21st December 2013?

*******

One: Did you have a word for this year? How has it manifested itself? If you didn’t have a word, what is the theme that has played out in your life so far this year?

If I had any word for this year, it would be "challenge". And I really feel like I have. I've travelled alone for the first time in my life this year. In Africa no less. For a month. That was certainly challenging, and I genuinely feel like I was a better person for it. As a result of that, I came back and took on all sorts of other challenges - I got on stage and sung in front of 100's of people, I've started learning a language again and another instrument. And I've pushed myself way, way outside my comfort zone with the next adventure I've got planned - even planning and making it happen scared me; the execution is certainly going to be challenging.

Two: What are you most proud of?

Facing the fear and doing it anyway. You hear that sentence all the time, but I really have done it this year and it feels good .... when the fear has passed. In terms of real life experiences, being able to participate in running a free medical clinic for an incredibly worthwhile and deserving community and school in Kenya was the kind of event that left me with a real lump in my throat. As indeed, did the entire week working at the school - beautiful, wonderful people.

Three: What have you chosen to let go of?

Other people's expectations for me. You can't live your life for anyone else, and you're a fool to try. When you stop trying to please everyone else, and focus on what you want, the magic starts to happen.

Four: What has been your greatest joy or surprise?

I'm not going to lie - walking with lions, stroking them and admiring their sheer elegance and majesty was quite simply joyous and awe-inspiring.

Five: What book, movie, exhibition, tv programme, play, concert, article, photograph, or website has been your favourite find?

Life of Pi (the book) was beautiful, Of Monsters and Men were wonderful at Glastonbury last week, keeping the crowd dancing and singing for the whole set, Made In Chelsea is a new guilty pleasure with my flatmates, and I'm haunting the website http://secretsofaseasonaire.com/.

Six: What three things do you want for yourself by the next Solstice – 21st December 2013?

I want to continue to work on my relationship with food, with my health and to be much more injury-free and strong by end of the year. I want to be more at peace with myself. And I want to be in France - living the challenge and biggest adventure of my life so far.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: