Monday 29 July 2013

Positive Mondays

One thing with knowing I'm going to be going away this winter is that I have come to several conclusions about how I want to be when I go. I want to be fit and healthy. I want to be comfortable. I want to feel good in myself. And in my clothes. I want to feel confident.

In other words, I want to be happy with my weight.

I would like to be where I was the last time I went skiing, or close to there anywhere, as I felt great there. My existing ski gear fit well, and it would be easier getting the other stuff I need, as I'll have more choice. I felt more balanced and energetic ... which meant I was better at throwing myself down slopes and pushing myself. And I was happy and confident - not that I'm not a happy, confident person now, but I felt GOOD.

The excellent news is that I have time to make my best effort and put my best foot forward before I go. And having had a relaxed, thoughtful weekend I was feeling very positive about putting that food forward starting this morning.

I've eaten well today, and hit the gym after work to try out my trainer's latest program. I feel positive - today can be the last day I'm at this point in my healthiness journey - I can feel better by tomorrow and every day after.

I know that nothing's ever easy, but a little work never hurt anyone, right? And a little motivation and positivity go a long way.






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: