Saturday 28 September 2013

Still Sinking

ANOTHER 1.75lbs off this week for me. This is excellent progress, and not even the lowest weight I saw this week (damn these Thursday night social events with their eating late!). So that's just over 9lbs in 6 weeks!!

Now things start to get a little interesting - I'm coming down with a cold (boooooo) and next week work starts getting a little crazy for the next month to 6 weeks - which pretty much takes me up to the time I leave. Eeeeek - where is the time going!! Oh, and I have to move out of my house in about 4 weeks too!

So lots of stuff coming up, but I don't see that as a reason or excuse to get off plan. Despite a little nagging sore throat and sniffles I decided to start my weekend on the right note last night and go to the gym after work.

I'm just going to say this really quickly and get it out there: I LOVE the gym on a Friday night! Why? Because it's dead! I can get into the Personal Trainers' area to use all the kit I want and it's lovely and quiet and I just quite like working out in the gym undisturbed and unobserved. Then there's the ultra-virtuous feeling of being there at all when most other people are either in the pub or getting ready for a night out / getting takeaway and slobbing in front of the tv. Not that there is anything wrong with either of those options. But I have to say Friday evening workouts make me feel particularly good.

The rest of my evening consisted of a load of tasty roasted veg and chicken, a nice hot shower, a delicious glass of red wine, some icecream for my throat and my book. Yep - I was in bed by 10.30pm.

Thursday night we clothes-swapped. A friend organised it for charity - we paid £15 to our host for wine and nibbles, took along stuff we no longer wanted and everyone rummaged - I came home with 5 new tops, a new skirt and a dress after getting rid of my stuff. Not a bad deal really!! Try organising one it - it was loads of fun and everyone walked away with stuff.

Now I just need to do a bit of sorting out - my flat feels a bit chaotic after I started taking stuff back to my dad's last weekend to store for the winter, and I could do with sorting what's left, seeing if there's more I can get rid of and maybe starting to pack the next load of stuff. Soooooo much to organise and I really want to be on top of it so it's not stressful come 4 weeks time!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the loss. I lost this week too. Makes you feel good when you see the scales go down doesn't it.