Friday, 14 October 2011


Oh boy.

I'm still alive (I'm sure you'll be relieved to know this).  This week has been ker-razy, and I just didn't seem to find time to put fingers to keyboard.  Or when I thought about it, I just didn't have the energy to think up something witty to say. In fact, I'm still not sure I do.

Usually, time away from a blog means bad things - luckily, I don't have that to report - I'm still plodding along - neither better or worse than I was.  I do feel exhausted though.

We had a wedding in North Wales last weekend which meant a 5 hour trip each way - even leaving work relatively on time, and running home and packing on Friday, it was after 7pm before we left Bristol, and 12.40am before we made it to the hotel.  Saturday was crazy rushed, as the wedding was at noon, so by the time we'd grabbed breakfast down at the main hotel (we were staying in the village at Portmeirion) the time slipped away in a whirl of getting dressed up, and haired and make-upped, and legging it across (read: teetering down the steep cobbles in the pouring rain, in a pair of 4 inch stilettos and a silk dress I was trying to keep sheltered under the umbrella) the village to the ceremony.

From the ceremony we were whisked straight outside for a couple of hasty photos in the rain, and then back down to the hotel for drinks and the wedding breakfast.  After that we messed around taking photos back outside, whilst the bride and groom were having their official photos done, and then there was a quick break to dash back to the rooms for dancing shoes and the presents before the evening commenced with a ceilidgh.  It was a fantastic day, but I was dead on my feet by 11.30pm and in bed before 1am.

This week, as expected, has been an utter misery at work.  Monday was 9am to 8.30pm with no lunch.  Tuesday 9am, to 11.15pm.  The last two days have been a bit better, although still incredibly stressy, but to make me feel better I'm now coming down with a cold.

Weight-wise, although the wedding wasn't great on the food and drink front, I didn't crack the dreaded 13st barrier, but I squeaked by enough to make me start thinking about what I'm putting in my gob.  On the other stress, a million birthday cakes this week and feeling ill counteracts that a bit.  I'm down from the weekend, but a little up on last week.

It's all about the work for the next couple of weeks, so in a way, it's quite good as I don't have anything social planned for the next couple of weeks.  Not even on the weekends.  The only think I have planned this weekend is possible tea and cake on Sunday afternoon.  I'm working tomorrow, and possible a bit on Sunday.  I'm going to try and avoid any weekend blow outs or "treat" meals.  Frankly, I'm craving fruit and veg at the moment, so I need to get off my ass and try and get some.

Other than that, I'm just stressing money and how I'm going to afford to move to a cheaper flat.  I can't afford to stay where I am, but have no money to deal with the cross-over of rent and deposits from one flat to the other.  Damned if you do, and damned if you don't.  I may have to crawl to Dad again.  Well, that's depressing!

Off to (snotty) circuits now.

No comments: