1) I'd forgotten how nice roasted squash (or any other root veg) is! I was reading through some very old posts on the blog today and suddenly got reminded. Dinner was a score as a result!
2) How naive I was in said early posts about the progress I would make! I even hypothesised that I'd be at my goal weight of 11 stone in November 2009, just 11 months after I started out. 5 years later and I'm still not there .... but I'm wiser in so many other ways.
3) How there are some foods that conscious eating may cause me to pretty much forsake altogether. This was thought as I was enjoying a bit of ice-cream for dessert and musing over how it's no wonder I could never stop after a few mouthfuls, as I was previously practically unaware I'd even had those full mouthfuls due to distraction. This lead me to thinking about foods I only EVER eat when distracted by something else, like popcorn, and how I would never in my right mind sit down to eat a big bowl of popcorn without the distraction of a film. Therefore how I was rather unlikely to eat much popcorn anytime soon. And I don't feel overly sad about it.
4) If I get my arse back in gear I'll have the joy of getting some of my smaller clothes out of the storage suitcase again, and just how bloody lovely that feeling is.
Right - I'm off to go nose around a friend's new flat and resist drinking wine :-)
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
6 Week Gym Challenge (2) back on plan (3) back pain (4) baking (1) biking (6) bikinis (1) binge (1) birthday (1) Body Combat (4) body confidence (1) body image (3) changes (5) cheat days (1) Clothes stress (2) cold weather (1) complacency (1) control (1) cooking (3) courage (1) cravings (1) decorating (1) dilemma (1) eating out (10) eating patterns (2) energy levels (1) exercise withdrawal (4) feeling out of control (3) fitness gadgets (1) food (2) frustration (1) Goals (6) good heating (1) heart rate monitor (2) hill walking (1) holiday (15) holiday pics (1) holidays (1) kit (1) lightbulb moments (1) measurements (4) meeting people (1) mojo (1) motivation (4) moving house (2) New Year (1) Norway (1) NSV (1) nutritional report (1) off plan (1) over-eating (4) Pain (4) persistence (1) phantom fat (1) photo-diary (1) photos (2) physio (4) pilates (1) planning (4) positive thinking (1) races (2) Resolutions (1) Running (20) self-control (1) shopping (1) shrinking (2) spin (4) stress eating (1) the dreaded scales (3) the post-holiday come-down (1) The week long plan (10) theatre (1) Visualisation (2) wavering (1) weddings (2) weekends (4) weigh in (16) weight loss plateau (1) windsurfing (1) winter (1) winter colds (3)