Tuesday 26 January 2010

Planning it out

Morning lovely people, how are we all today? Good? Awesome, glad to hear it.

I slept like an absolute baby last night - god it was good!!! Who reckons that that is the result of getting back to doing exercise yesterday??

Today, I am following my pre-determined eating plan that I laid out last night. It's kind of odd actually, having my whole day structured and planned out like this - I don't have to think about what I want, just pick up my lunch from the kitchen on the way out this morning, and follow the instructions on the packet, so to speak. Quite nice really. And actually, it's very helpful too, as one of my colleagues decided we needed cheering up this morning (after big work upheaval announcements made yesterday, involving several redundancies, although thankfully not me at the moment, and lots of job description changes), and bought several packets of jelly sweets in. Since they don't figure in my eating plan today, I'm bizarrely finding it much easier than usual to just keep my hands well away from them. Kind of a straight-up "nah - I've already got my points mapped out for the day", rather than my usual "well, if I just shuffle points around here and there, I could have a few now and just have a lighter dinner later". I kind-a like it!

I know a lot of folks around here say that if they just get their exercise ducks in a row, then everything else falls into place (Jack and Lizzie amongst others), but I'm totally the other way round. When I focus on exercise, I have a habit of eating all the extra points I've earned. But if I focus on the food first, and then add the activity around it, I'm all set to lose even if I come up with a week's worth of excuses on the gym front. So for the moment, I'm going to continue with my current experiment, and see how it pans out.

And, yes, if you're curious, I'm still referring to my "fear notes" when the irrational urge to eat comes upon me - so far, still working.

So I've made it through today without touching the sweets, and also leaving the extra cute Malteaster Bunny alone, that Claire (who I sit next to at work) bought me at lunchtime. 3.5pts for a little bunny?? Not today - no fear!! I've got one point to spare at the end of the day, and that was after I'd used one of my extra points for a vodka and slimline tonic at the pub quiz this evening. I could get used to this.

I've updated my food plans for the next couple of days in my tracker, and I'm ready to try this experiment again tomorrow and see how it goes.

1 comment:

Linz M said...

You know, I'm the same. The minute I get myself down the gym I think that gives me an excuse to eat more. For me getting the eating under control is the big deal and then the exercise can follow (well I keep telling myself that since the gym is non existent of late!)

Good luck with the experiment and getting back at it

x