Monday 25 January 2010

Sitting in the dark

Actually, in this case I do mean literally, not figuratively, since the genius water board drilled through one of our power lines.

Food-wise I did ok yesterday til about tea-time and then the habits of last week caught up with me and I wanted more food than I had points for. Honestly, I didn't stop to examine my hunger motives too much, and just ate the extra, and very tasty, food that I wanted. I think it was probably just my brain rebelling against going straight back on plan. I also got to a point where I just absolutely did not want to go for a run, so I didn't. Instead I got to about 9pm and suddenly found I was stupendously knackered and just went to bed.

Today is a different story. I've eaten on plan and I've been to a spin class. I've also booked myself in for a new class called Aerojam on Sunday morning which is supposed to be dance / aerobics hybrid and I've done something very unusual for me -I've planned out all my food for the next couple of days. Oh yes - and I've asked Jon to teach me how to play squash. I'm determined to make progress!

Xx


-- Posted from my iPhone

2 comments:

Cole Walter Mellon said...

For me, getting into that exercise groove helps my food control immensely. It makes my brain make that connection between calories in and calories burned. It makes me ask the hard question: "Is this donut worth 45 minutes on the treadmill?" Answer: nope.

Lizzie said...

i hear ya Jack - for me i think 'do i reeeeeally want to 'undo' all that hard work in the gym or road running by eating x.y or z?' answer: NOPE!

Welcome back Sue!!!!! xxx