Tuesday 6 April 2010

Damage report

First damage report after the weekend doesn't seem to be too bad - 2lbs up. I can live with that.

The weekend went a bit haywire after I last blogged, as I somehow inadvertantly caused an argument and big upset on Sunday night, without even realising it. I would say that it was a further case of my legendary foot-in-mouth, but it was more of a case of something I said being taken completely out of context and very misinterpreted.

I think it's mostly ironed out now, but unfortunately the person who did the misinterpretation is the girl one of my good friends, Sid, has just got together with (confusingly also called Sue, which was formed part of the misunderstanding) - since he stood silently by whilst she ranted at me in the small hours of Sunday, I think I can safely say he took her side over the whole thing - so I think I shall be keeping my nose out of next door for a little while to let everything settle. To be honest, I'm a little hurt that he's so besotted with her that I appear to have been temporarily dropped, but I guess that's the way life goes.

Today, is back to normal eating. After a long weekend away, I had a fridge full of fresh veg that was on the edge of being lost, and I also have a freezer full of stuff that needs to be whittled down, so I've concocted a sausage casserole for tea that helps solve both of those problems. And, mmmmmmmm, was it tastey. Plus, the added bonus that I now have three ready-made meals for the week - woohoo!

On a reckless note - since I enjoyed my bike ride so much at the weekend, I did a bit of research this evening, and dropped an impromptu enquiry email off to a local club. I'll have to wait and see if anything comes of that!

No comments: