Tuesday 16 February 2010

Day 1 back on track

Yesterday was much better - not a bad start at all to being back on track. My food was all tracked and I finished the day with some points banked after exercise. One box ticked.

I went to the gym when I got home, and much as my legs protested I warmed up on the X-trainer for 10 mins and then knocked out another 20 min run with the treadmill set a speed or two higher than usual. I wasn't in the mood for a long haul so went for short and intense instead. Still slow at 5.5mph, but slowly, slowly increasing my speed little by little. 2 days in a row of even short runs has given me achey legs of lead today though!!! (Oh, and I didn't spin as I said I would because both classes were full).

I stayed in last night, had a long luxury shower instead of a bath and the boys popped round later to demolish more of the shortbread for me. I had a half slice since I had a couple of points left. In bed by midnight - not quite as early as I'd have liked, but not bad.

The scales this morning are 0.4lbs down - any movement away from the dreaded 13 stone barrier is good - I am soooooooo not going back there!!!!

Today is a rinse and repeat of yesterday. Dinner tonight is going to be replaced by a nutritious pile of pancakes!!! Forgive me - I am at least saving up the points for it and planning on staying in my points for the day. I might also make some tomato soup in case I need extras.

I'm not sure my legs can take another session of running just yet as they're feeling pathetically tight right now, so I'm going to try and find some yoga and stretches to do for tonight's activity.

21.5lbs to goal - and I'm going to keep chipping away at it.

Laters, lovelies!!


-- Posted from my iPhone

1 comment:

Linz M said...

Good work - glad to hear you sounding more positive and back at it.

You'll be at goal before you know it :) x