Tuesday 25 May 2010

Visualising

I think that last night's spinning class must have absolutely been the sweatiest on record. Our air-con seems to be a bit screwed up at the gym at the moment, so it was like cycling in a bowl of warm soup in there last night. To add insult to injury, usually we all get a turn with the big fans turned on us to cool us down, but there's a lady who's still spinning despite being 7 months pregnant. She therefore got the fan for the full session, despite the fact she was just taking it easy while the rest of us sprinted and climbed the metaphorical hills!!! Not that I begrudge her the fan, but I was highly jealous of her coolness as I dripped all over myself and the towel.

After that epic effort I didn't have much more energy in me other than to get home and collapse with an Innocent Veg Pot and a bit of bread and butter.

Today for the first time in ages, I've felt something really positive. I've been able to imagine myself losing more weight - properly clearly visualise how I'll look and feel as I get a bit smaller again.

I know it sounds weird but that's so comforting to me, because it means I feel like I believe in myself again. When I first embarked on my Weightwatchers journey, I wasn't really convinced that it would work for me, but I was desperate so I stuck to the plan, and waited to see what would happen. As the weight started to peel away, and for the first time I knew what that sort of success felt like, I was able to imagine how it would feel to lose further weight, and make further steps like buying smaller clothes.

Since I've been struggling in my rut, I've not had that same sense of positivity or clarity about where I'm going. I've been feeling like this was the end of the dieting line and I wouldn't be making any further progress.

I'm not sure why the imaginary slimmer me has suddenly become visible to me again so sharply, but it's a nice feeling.

Bqck in the real world - having purchased a new swimsuit at the weekend that actually fits and will keep my modesty in tact, I'm planning on running a few errands after work, then grabbing some dinner and a couple of hours chill out time, and rounding off with a late evening swim.

How do you guys cope with staying active in the heat?


- Posted from my iPhone

1 comment:

Michele said...

I love this post! I, too, am finally able to "see" the thinner me even though she's far from sight..grin..

As for the heat, I try to walk really early in the am or after sundown. It's brutal otherwise! I have a treadmill but prefer to exercise outdoors when possible.