Wednesday 2 February 2011

And from one extreme …

….to the other. 

Yesterday, I (mildly) berated myself for slipping back into old habits and eating sweets while I waited for my tea.  Today, I somehow saved so many points during the day, that I was dreaming up ways of using them up this evening – a slice of hot buttered toast and a Curly Wurly later and I was almost there.

Note to self – if you’ve already got the evening meal planned out and don’t have a specific splurge pudding or evening drinks in mind, don’t be stupid and save points needlessly.

I got the mother of all beastings at the gym this evening, and pretty much masochistically loved every moment of it.  HIIT training on the x-trainer for 15 mins, leg presses, squats and lunges with weights (and extra sets just on my left side since I’m weaker on that side – just call me lop-sided!), shoulder press / bicep curls and chest press on the gym ball, and an abs circuit that nearly flattened me (crunches, bicycle kicks, “canoe-paddles” and planks – don’t stop, don’t rest, rinse and repeat.  Twice) and it was a rather wobbly version of myself that walked home.

Via the supermarket where I just bought a head of cauliflower and left.

On the other hand, on days when I eat this much for dinner (massive plate of food – grilled chicken breast with Cajun spice, loads of cauliflower with a little bit of Philadelphia Extra Light instead of butter, some sauteed mushrooms and roasted butternnut squash and swede, followed by the toast and chocolate), I don’t see how I can ever eat so much and lose weight – it seems to defy logic – guess we’ll have to weight and see on that point, but also see my earlier point about using my points better.

Tomorrow is the Chinese torture all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet for Chinese New Year.  I’m thinking not drinking is going to help my self-restraint.  Right?

3 comments:

Seren said...

That gym workout is making me feel rather tired just reading about it!

Good luck with the Chinese buffet, I think not drinking is definitely the way forward. I lose all sense of restraint if I even have a few sips of booze and I've come round to the unfortunate truth that if I want to stay on track, it is 100 times easier if I avoid alcohol.

Sx

Linz M said...

I think alcohol avoidance is definitely the way forward - I am useless after a few drinks and any slight ounce of restraint deserts me.

Enjoy though! x

Peridot said...

Wobbly in one sense but definitely not in the other I imagine!

Mmmm, chinese.... Love it - espeically dim sum. Good luck but I imagine you've got a healthy balance of exercise points as well as your weekly allowance...

Px