Thursday 17 February 2011

Counteracting The Scales

I stepped on the scales this morning, as I do every morning, and I have to say I am not happy with these numbers, this week. 

Not.  Happy.  At.  All.

I have tracked everything I've eaten to the best, and most honest, of my ability.  Right down to the tiny individual mini-eggs I had at the weekend.  I've probably been over-cautious with my exercise points, so anything I've missed on the food front, should have been soaked up by that.  And in any case, I currently have a small surplus of unused activity points.

And yet, here I am, nearly 3 lbs higher than last week.  WHY?????

Why can I not get through this stupid 12st 3lb boundary??????

Grrrrrrr - it's driving me utterly nuts.  This happens all the freaking time - I hit my head repeatedly on one weight boundary, finally crawl through it, only to hit another only a few lbs later.

If I wasn't doing it properly I could understand this lack of progress, but I'm doing everything right, as far as I know.  Talk about starting to doubt myself!!!

Now listen up, Body!  Seriously, dude, can we just get below 12st before we stall again?  Please?  I'm not asking much here.

And the counteraction of that crappy number and all my subsequent doubt this morning?  I put on an extra nice dress, some heels and walked out the house knowing I looked good. And that totally paid off as I've had about 3 people randomly comment how lovely I look today.  Yeah - lovely.  Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, oh Scales of Doom and Gloom!

No comments: