Wednesday 23 February 2011

Holding It Together

I have to confess, I'm a little annoyed with myself the last couple of days.

Whilst I remain about 90% great with the eating, and have done a spin class yesterday lunchtime and a rather rainy 5km run today, it seems like it's a bit of a cat's cradle keeping the whole thing together sometimes.  The moment I pick up one loose strand, I seem to drop another one.

Yesterday, I had a perfect day of eating, but then ended up with my hand in the cereal box at the end of the evening.  I'd sat there all evening debating whether to wander to the corner shop for a Curly Wurly to use up the very last of my daily points, and in doing so ended up short-cutting with something to hand, but hard to point.  Not enough to do major damage but annoying none the less.

And today, I've flipping well done it again!

Concentration, Sue!!  This is what you need to do! 

Tomorrow's a slightly tougher proposition as I have to go and see clients so will not only lose the opportunity to work out, but will be stuck eating whatever buffet lunch has been laid on.  I hear warning bells already!  On top of that, I'm potentially supposed to be meeting a friend for dinner tomorrow night in Oxford after my meetings.

The scales are already rebelliously up this week ( by less than a lb, but a lb none-the-less), and I don't see it getting any better after tomorrow.  It's so frustrating as I have been watching my eating all week and working out hard, and according to my tracker I'm not over my points (as in, I've eaten my allotted flex points and my activity points, but no more).  I thought you were supposed to be able to do that and still lose weight, but apparently not.

Must.  Try.  Harder.

1 comment:

claire said...

I am not totally au fait with the WW system, but it does seem to me that perhaps if you are using all exercise points and flexi points to the max then you are not leaving much wiggle room for errors or things you might not have counted or natural metabolic differences.

For example - I do slimming world and you can have 5-15 syns a day - 105 per week. You don't get more for exercising but that's ok as so many foods are unlimited - but if every week you max out your allowance, you are not leaving any wiggle room for the odd thing that you might not be able to count 100 per cent accurately or forget that you had.

Just a thought - it's worked for me as I was maxing out and losing slowly and you do forget the odd thing, and sometimes there is hidden badness in otherwise innocent foods!