Prompt: 11 Things. What are 11 things your life doesn't need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life?
1) Debt - for a long time now, I've lived beyond my means. Never by very much, but enough that overtime that leaking trickle caused a mighty big lake of debt. Ironic for an accountant, huh? I'm on it though - I've started on the long run to being debt-free already, and although I think I'll be at this a while, I'll get there.
2) The last 11lbs or so to goal. I want to finish 2011 at goal.
3) Self-loathing - I need to stop putting myself down.
4) Self-doubt - I can do things.
5) Stop judging myself so hard and by different standards to everyone else.
6) Procrastinating - waaaaay too much of that round me. I put off everything (hence no. 1 and 2 I guess) - I need to get on with things and stop thinking how scary they are or how much I don't want to do them.
7) Whining about being single. It takes up way too much of my life. I should get over it, and live my life. I guess I'm getting a bit better, but all the fears and insecurities still come and go from time to time.
8) Untidiness - I loathe how untidy I can be - it makes me feel stressed in my own home. I've just moved into a new flat and it's currently pretty tidy - a good time to get in the habit if keeping it that way.
9) Clutter - directly linked to the above - moving to the new flat made me realise how much stuff I have that i don't need. Things I neither use regularly or legitimately need to keep - so why the hell do I still have it all????? It takes up valuable space in my flat, and makes it harder to keep everything I actually need tidy. I've just about started the de-clutter - I've put a couple of things in EBay to see if I can't get a bit of money back. After that I'll start on the bookshelves and the random boxes of stuff. Time to be ruthless and clear it all down so I can have a flat of zen calm :-)
10) Booking too much in my diary. It leaves me stressed, contributes to my lateness everywhere, and result in me spending way too much money. I want to pick my commitments more carefully 2011, savour them and leave a bit more room for spontaneity too.
11) Regrets. Who needs them? What's done is done - it can't be changed. We can learn from it if it's bad, for god's sake celebrate if it was good - but never regret. I do - it's not worth it.
- Posted from my iPhone
6 Week Gym Challenge (2) back on plan (3) back pain (4) baking (1) biking (6) bikinis (1) binge (1) birthday (1) Body Combat (4) body confidence (1) body image (3) changes (5) cheat days (1) Clothes stress (2) cold weather (1) complacency (1) control (1) cooking (3) courage (1) cravings (1) decorating (1) dilemma (1) eating out (10) eating patterns (2) energy levels (1) exercise withdrawal (4) feeling out of control (3) fitness gadgets (1) food (2) frustration (1) Goals (6) good heating (1) heart rate monitor (2) hill walking (1) holiday (15) holiday pics (1) holidays (1) kit (1) lightbulb moments (1) measurements (4) meeting people (1) mojo (1) motivation (4) moving house (2) New Year (1) Norway (1) NSV (1) nutritional report (1) off plan (1) over-eating (4) Pain (4) persistence (1) phantom fat (1) photo-diary (1) photos (2) physio (4) pilates (1) planning (4) positive thinking (1) races (2) Resolutions (1) Running (20) self-control (1) shopping (1) shrinking (2) spin (4) stress eating (1) the dreaded scales (3) the post-holiday come-down (1) The week long plan (10) theatre (1) Visualisation (2) wavering (1) weddings (2) weekends (4) weigh in (16) weight loss plateau (1) windsurfing (1) winter (1) winter colds (3)