Wednesday 22 December 2010

5 minutes

Prompt: 5 minutes. Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2010.

Oh my God - GO!!!! So much!

Travelling - all of it!!! The long bus journeys through unfamiliar landscapes, beautiful beaches and pounding surf, cycling along pot-holey roads on a rust bucket of a cruiser in vest, bikini and denim cut-offs. Playing with baby howler monkeys, the bubble of joy when I finally managed to stand (very wobbly) on my surf board, howling with laughter in the pool as we tried to do handstands. The white-water rafting and sliding on zip lines in the canopy. Jumping off waterfalls. Swinging in my hammock absorbed in my book. Independence.

Playing on the beach in Wales in May - turning my first cartwheel in 20 years. The funfair that made us sick and giddy with laughter.

Running through the snow in a bikini to the hot-tub in the French Alps. My first black run on skis, my first baby ski-jump, my first powder, my first border-cross racetrack ... in fact the whole damn holiday.

Some awesome bike adventures - reds that never ended and my first black and whooping exhilaration. And mud. Lots of mud.

Feeling good in black tie for awesome parties and weddings. Weddings in the sunny July weather and lots of smiles.

A day of manically grinning exhilaration when I did my 10k and the feeling of amazed wonder that I'd achieved it and come so far.

The relief when I finally visited my mum's grave after 3 years. Physically saying good bye and hello at the same time.

A comical year of romantic errors, including the boy next door that should never have happened, the vet and why you should never go on a date with a friend. Ok so two out of 3 were a bad idea, but I took risks and tried it.

Friends, walks, picnics, beaches, snow, mud, pretty dresses - I've run out of time but it's been an awesome year - here's to next year and a reminder of how awesome it should and can be!

- Posted from my iPhone

1 comment:

Victoria said...

What a great post.
It really did make me think about how lucky I am to have so many things I would like to remember. For all of the crap the good stuff outweighs it 10 fold and I wouldn't want to forget any of it.