Monday 20 December 2010

Party

Prompt: Party. What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010? Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans.

Oh boy - I am sooooo behind on these .... but I've not given up - I just might be finishing them off in the New Year is all.

The Best Party Award? Tricky. I automatically start thinking of all the bug fancy bashes during the year - Rob and Caz's black tie 30th, Jon's amazing party at the Yurts, my own 30th, but I tend to find anything that gets that much build-up tends to be a little disappointing in the end. A but of an anti-climax.

So this prize goes to all those nights that surprise you. The quiet ones that turn into epics, the little gatherings of friends that just totally worked and give you the kind of memories that last for years - the "Oh my god - do you remember....?"'s.

New Year with friends in remote Scotland last year was amazing - snowy landscapes, the freezing little cottage with us all crammed in, coal stove in the living room booting out the heat and us all sat round playing cards and silly games, everyone dressed in about 6 layers of woolies, lots of homecooked food, a murder mystery dinner, walks on the frozen beach and snowy hills, and a blurred recollection of drinking champagne from the bottle on New Years Eve and watching friends spinning fire poi in the garden. Epic.

This New Years Eve? A 3 day trip to Newquay in Cornwall, fancy dress and walks on Fistral Beach on New Years Day.


- Posted from my iPhone

No comments: