Wednesday 22 December 2010

Friendship

Prompt: Friendship. How has a friend changed you or your perspective on the world this year? Was this change gradual, or a sudden burst?

I don’t think there is one friend who I would single out above the others in 2010 – I have an amazing group of diverse friends, and they are all special to me in some way.  They constantly (and very patiently I might add) listen to me and then give me a new perspective on things – usually a far more positive point of view than the one I am seeing things from, but occasionally grittily realistic to keep me grounded.

They have done this on so many countless occasions, over so many small things … but often it’s the small things that add up to the big World View.  They have also been there for far longer than just this year, with this constant level of unending support.  I love them dearly, for who they are, and who they make me when I’m with them. 

They constantly work to shore up my flaky confidence, and encourage me to reach for things I wouldn’t dream of.  It’s a subtle process, so I guess you could say it’s gradual, but it’s also never-ending – more of a natural evolution.

So, to the Bridgets, Jons, Hannahs, Sheenas, Becs, Jos, Lissas and Carolines of this world – I salute you, and say your friends are luckier than they will ever know to have you.

And to the originals?  I heart you, totally, utterly and devotedly.  Even if I’m occasional a stroppy bitch.

heart3

No comments: