Thursday 21 July 2011

Stronger, Faster

Well, that was a good day yesterday.  We had a second day of birthday cakes in the office, and I managed once again to stay sane.  I ate when I was hungry, stopped when I wasn't and hit my 29 points, as promised.

Better still, I think I finally figured out the eating conundrum before running club last night.  Two slices of hot buttered toast beforehand, and then a grilled chicken breast with a portion of leeks and mushrooms sauteed in vegetable stock afterwards.  I didn't feel sick whilst running for a change, even though it was hideous interval training last night with lots of flat-out sprints up and down the line of runners in my group.

In fact, after an unintended break of 3 weeks from running club, and some pretty shitty runs in the meantime, that felt like the best run I've had in weeks.  Knackering but stronger than it's been for a while.

I had a stray 2 points to use up at the end of the day, so I even had the strength to have half a Curly Wurly and put the rest in the fridge.

I would say I felt great this morning, and a loss less bloated than I've felt in a while, but given the topic of yesterday's post - it's irrelevant.  Or rather, yesterday's behaviour is irrelevant.  I've moved on already - new challenge - can you guess what it is?  Yep - 29 points today.  No more.  Simple really :o)

No comments: