Wednesday 1 July 2009

Stuck in a rut

I'm feeling a bit disheartened at the moment. It doesn't seem to matter how good I am with my food, the scales are just stubbornly refusing to budge. I'm still religiously sticking to my points and drinking plenty of water and there's just nothing happening. At all.

How much does that suck?

The heat's also meaning I'm struggling a bit to motivate myself to do my normal exercise, as all I really want to do is lie on my bed near the open window and absorb whatever breeze is flowing past. I'm hopefully going to go and try this pilates tonight, but I'm feeling really sluggish, and it's certainly too damn hot to run outside.

The heat's also switching me off from wanting to eat too much hot food. With that in mind I've got lots of fresh fruit and veg lying round at the moment, and I've bought some turkey mince and thought I might try making some burgers with it tonight for a summery dinner when Bridget comes over later. It'll be an experiment so we'll see how that goes. I've also been gifted a home-grown lettuce by my friends, Bec and Graeme, when I went round to see their new house last night. They've just bought their first house and it's already got a vegetable patch planted in the garden, so in a kind of reverse-housewarming gift, Bec insisted I take one of their lettuces home with me, slugs and all. Oh well - might be quite nice with the burgers tonight - minus the slugs and mud of course!

I so hope these scales start moving in the right direction again soon, I've been doing so well and I don't want to give up now. I guess I'm also just feeling a bit down at the moment, as my friend Claire got back from holiday yesterday flashing a brand new engagement ring. Her boyfriend (well, fiance now!) proposed to her on the beach in Portugal, and while I so happy for her, it just brings home to me how lonely I feel sometimes.

Blah. I hate wallowing.

2 comments:

Linz M said...

I'm feeling your pain this week. Sometimes it seems our bodies are determined to hang on to every last pound! Very disheartening but stick with it - you've done so well so far

x

Anne H said...

This is my first "bad streak" since I started...I have not "cheated" and the scale has not moved. I, too feel your pain. Keep sticking with what you know is right.