Wednesday 4 March 2009

A funny old day

I think I'm having a kind of upside-down day. It started off with everything possible going wrong - I overslept, found that TOTM had crept up on me when I wasn't looking and I'd run out of painkillers, my hip was still aching from the weekend (god knows what I've done to it - suspect it's related to the whole back thing), couldn't find my watch, got stuck behind the slowest car in the world crawling along an empty road at 10mph (cue dodgy overtaking manouver and much swearing) and then managed to leave my ipod on the dashboard of my car once I got to work so had to run back out to the carpark and get it - normally not a problem, but having arrived late I was in one of the further carparks. I didn't even have the consolation of my usual mini pack of Buttons to cheer me up as the kitchen cupboards seem to have magically emptied themselves.

And then out of nowhere, my boss confided to me that I'd been nominated for some award at work. I find this incredibly odd as I would have told you that I was absolutely rubbish at my job - I've been there more than 6 months now, and most of the time I haven't a clue what's going on when someone asks me a question. There's a massive redundancy situation being sorted at the moment and as one of the youngest and least experienced on my team I've got quite a high chance of it being me - can't say I'd be massively disappointed if it is, as the internal politics drive me nuts and I can't say I'm overly happy there (although the people are lovely (mostly) and the perks are great) - so being nominated for some award is something of a surprise to say the least!

On a food front, it's been a fairly good day - I've eaten loads, but I must have made some pretty good choices as I've still got 11.5 points for tea - not that I've got much food in to eat! I've been to the gym for a spinning class, so have rescued a few more of the points I inadvertantly used on Monday. I'm hoping for quite a good week this week, as although I'm going to be out and about a lot, it's all in environments where I can control what I'm eating /drinking, so I'm wondering if that, combined with the fact that clearly I was coming up on TOTM on Monday on my WI, means that I might actually have quite a good loss on Monday. We'll see I suppose - usually when I expect the good loss I get a STS, and when I'm expecting the worst I get a surprise!

Hope you're all having a good week so far.

1 comment:

Mama Wilde said...

By the 3rd sentence i would of headed back to bed! LOL!

Well done for soldiering on!