Monday 2 March 2009

Woohoooooo!

That one tiny little half a pound on the scales (or even off the scales!) this morning has cheered me right up - I can eat all the nice stuff and still lose weight. Ok - so I've still got a ridiculously long way to go, but that is so encouraging!

I also have to say that I love my best friend, Jo, dearly. When we met up for our walk yesterday, she just looked at me and said "ooooh - you look so slim!". Liar - but the sentiment's good and makes me feel like it's working on the outside too!

I've decided to shake things up a bit this week. Rather than getting into a routine of eating the same old things all the time, which I think would be bad for both my sanity and my diet, I'm going to move things around between meals a bit and see what happens. So rather than my normal cereal with skimmed milk for breakfast, I had beans on toast - which was actually really filling and kept me going right through to lunch time. Normally, I'd have been starving by about half 10 and reaching for the cereal bars in the desk. Just had lovely stir-fry leftovers from last night lunch - slightly higher points than I would normally have for lunch, so I'll have a light tea this evening for a change.

The only thing that has made me slightly grumpy this morning is that I caved in last night, after my nice healthy tea, and had a slice of home-made pizza round at the boys. Why??? Such a silly thing to do. Ok, so it smelt amazing, but it's not like I haven't had it before, and afterwards I just thought "I so didn't need that". Very annoyed for my lack of self-control. I shall remember that feeling for the next time I'm tempted to do something similarly daft!

No comments: