Tuesday 9 June 2009

I'm baaaack!

Evening troopers!! How's it going? Missed me much?? Even noticed that I wasn't here? Oh well, you've all got your own lives so I'll forgive you, but in any case, I have returned from my brief sojourn to Norway. And it were right lover-ly!!!

We have walked, and walked, and walked a bit more these last couple of days. So if that doesn't earn me some brownie points I don't know what will! But, on the flip side, I've also been off the points since Thursday, and there's been some cake, dinners out, McDonalds (I know - but we were starving and there was literally nowhere else open because we arrived in Oslo at 11pm and promptly got lost) and pizza at the airport, so it's hard to say which way things are going to go!

I should have weighed in yesterday for a normal week, but it's now going to be tomorrow morning - stay tuned to find out what happens! Running's going to be a bust for the rest of this week, due to injury (again!), so I'm going to have to get creative with my exercise for the rest of this week so I don't just sit on my ass. I'm doing one challenge that ends in 2 weeks time, with a mini-goal of getting to 13st 13lbs (my halfway point to goal), so let's just see if I can't make it anyway, never mind what gain I have tomorrow.

And if you want the full story on what went down in Norway come have a look over here ...

Oh - and one final thing ... I realised today, as I was stumbling along to the bus station to leave Oslo, with my massive pack on my back and grumbling how heavy it was - that it was actually lighter than the amount of weight I've lost so far. Now that REALLY puts things in perspective. This is my pack, which is a 65litre pack and was weighing at about 12kgs. I've lost nearly 15kgs to date.

3 comments:

Cole Walter Mellon said...

Wow, that really does put it in perspective.

Welcome back.

Enigmanda said...

Rememeber that if you weigh as soon as you get back, any gain may be sheer weight of food eaten, if you have been off track, and not weight 'put on' if you know what I mean.

Glad you are home safe and well!
Good luck with weighing.
x

dddddddd said...

Welcome back, glad you had a fab time, good luck with the weight in tomo x