Sunday 28 June 2009

Running, running, running

Let's see - what's new in the last 24 hours?

I had takeaway last night. When I got home from London there were takeaway cartons in the sink, left by my flatmate, and I thought oooooh - it's been a while since I had that! I've got loads of points left tonight, so why the hell not?

Actually, to be precise, I had half a takeawy last night. Since I'd had a big bowl of cereal as a late lunch when I got back from London, I wasn't actually tooooo hungry in the evening, so I split my meal. Dished up half, closed the container back up, and put the rest back in the fridge for today. Only having half the takeaway meant I wasn't ridiculously stuffed afterwards, so could have a little dessert, and I got takeaway today, and I got to save points. Hah!

(Wooohoooooo - the email I've been trying to send for the last 20 mins from my other / work laptop has just gone - thank god for that!!)

I then agreed to let my neighbour Sid drag me out for a run at 10am this morning. On the proviso that I was actually awake and up anyway.

Turns out I ended up waking up quite early, so in fact I was up way before running. I even had a chance to sort through another drawer of clothes and chuck some stuff out first. Which was kind of nice as it showed that stuff is fitting better and more bits were ready to go in the bin.

We ran 5k when we went and it was flippin' hot! We did another new route I've been wanting to try. It seemed long and knackering - especially since the first 10 and last 10 minutes were up bloody big hills, and with the sun beating down I just felt a bit sapped of energy, but I'm glad I did it - I always feel better when I get back.

I've spent the rest of the day just pottering and catching up on some work that I need to do for next week. I've still got tons of points to use, so I'm not sure what I'll have for tea.

The scales don't seem to have budged much this week, but I have been good, so I'm kind of hoping that they might at least show a small drop this week, as a pay off for my efforts!

1 comment:

Cole Walter Mellon said...

The scale can lag behind for a bit, but it will eventually start moving... as long as you keep moving, too.