Wednesday 3 June 2009

Looking at things in different ways

The ever-wise Jack Sh*t commented on my previous posting, that if I was going to look at things another way round then I could also say I've lost 528 oz to date. Which ever way you look at it, it still looks like this:




Yep - that fish weighs 33 lbs, or 528 ozs if you prefer. Don't think I'd want that strapped to my back all day! (Aside from the fact that it would start to smell pretty awful and would make my clothes all slimey lol).

(please note - the use of a fish as a visual reference is not an original idea, and I must credit it to Bryher - another good idea for her!).

So if you want me to be more original, 33 lbs also looks a lot like this:



Yep - a bale of hay. I remember how heavy these suckers were when I was hefting them around the stable yard as a kid. It also weighs approximately the same as the frame of a mountain bike.



3 comments:

Cole Walter Mellon said...

However you want to look at it, it's an impressive number and has to feel better without it than with it. Keep on keeping on.

Ever wise, indeed.

dddddddd said...

Great ways of visualizing your loss! Oh and have a fab time in Norway.I think your blog is fab by the way xx

Anonymous said...

Hehe, cheers for the mention!!