Tuesday 16 June 2009

Still down

I'm still hanging in here. I'm still a grumpy bitch about this. And right now, I can't find a comfortable position to sit in, which is driving me nuts, as I'm going to be sat at this desk til 6 this evening (it's now 10.15 am), and that's a long time to not be able to find a way to be comfortable.

I tried going for a walk yesterday evening, just because I thought it would help to keep moving and stretching, as it as helped wandering round the office at intervals yesterday. It helped my back a bit I think, but it wasn't so good for all the muscles in my leg that are tight as a result of my back pain (it's a knock-on thing, my physio says - a result of the way I hold myself when I'm in pain or safe-guarding my back). My left hamstring was so tight that I could only take baby-steps, and I'm not kidding that it took me 30 mins to totter round a circuit of somewhat under a mile. And I was so knackered afterwards!! How pathetic is that?? Still, better to be outside and doing something that nothing.

Other than that I spent the evening stretched out on my bed watching tv.

Food-wise, I'm was pretty good. I had loads of fruit and veg yesterday, and had salmon and couscous for tea. I've only just realised that I've been dishing myself up too big a portion of the couscous the last couple of times I've had it. I'd been thinking that the packet was two portions, but it is in fact 3 - thought the portion size vs the points was too good to be true! Still, it's still a pretty good size portion, so I'm not complaining, and I was still full afterwards. I also had comfort food dessert - ice-cream and chopped banana with some chocolate powder sprinkled on top - all fully pointed in my day's allowance, so it was pretty nice to wallow in that luxury whilst watching trashy tv.

I'm sorry I don't have anything more interesting than that to report at the moment. My sense of humour seems to have failed me, and the adventures are lacking and I'm generally just feeling a bit grey and gloomy.

No comments: