Monday 3 January 2011

Day 1

Hmmm - yesterday didn't work as exactly planned. It wasn't going badly until we got stuck on the M5 on the way back from Cornwall and then Jo had to stay overnight as the motorway was completely closed for the rest of the day.

The first day of the new year turned into the last day of the old day - way too much bad food and half a bottle of cava, followed by cocktails.

Ugh to feeling uncomfortably full (yeah, hello Food Baby for about the third or fourth day in a row).

Right - today is the first day of the new year. I'm committed to making a proper restart. I ate cereal and fruit for breakfast. I went for a 5k run. It didn't feel great - it felt sluggish and draining and I got snowed on, but at least I ran all over it. Well, plodded at something that might be vaguely recognised as a jogging pace. It wasn't walking anyway.

I kept my head at Yo Sushi! at lunch (not too many dishes, mostly vegetarian and some
Miso soup). I stuck to my budget whilst shopping in the afternoon which is a freaking miracle. I didn't snack in the afternoon, and Hannah cooked me lots of roast vegetables with lean turkey for dinner.

I struggled with not automatically eating dessert afterwards. I'm comfortably full, I don't need dessert but I've got used to eating so much more. It's like going cold turkey on an addiction, but I want to be doing this properly.

New year, new start.

- Posted from my iPhone

No comments: