Monday 17 January 2011

Happy Monday!

Morning lovelies,

Unbelievably, I've emerged from a second weekend on plan completely unscathed. Still with a few flex points in the bank and my activity points untouched.

The really nice thing about that is that it's been a weekend that included a dinner out, a cream tea, dinner with a friend with wine and 2 nights out. In other words: a really normal weekend with treats like a "normal" person has.

And how did I do that? I made the decision to not drink on my nights out on Friday and Saturday - I decided that the drinking was not integral to me having a good night out (especially as it was two separate nights out), and in this case I would rather have the extra flexibility with the food.

Having said that, I had a few sneaky glasses with Hannah last night over our very tasty (if I do say so myself) butternut squash risotto, but I had those knowing I have the points available for them. Consequently, my head was a little fuzzy this morning .... I may not have thought that one through properly! Lol.

One thing I am finding is that I'm largely falling into a new routine. It becomes a little bit easier every day to make the right choices. At work, I've now cleared two full weeks of my new-style eating which is largely snack free, and I realised this morning that the reason it gets a little easier, is I've now come to realise that I'm not getting overly hungry without my former snacks, and without that unconscious worry nagging at the back of my mind, my need for snacks has actually diminished. It is becoming far, far easier to resist the temptations round the office as they arise ..... I didn't bother with a cake on Friday at all, despite them being about 5m's away from me all day, and it wasn't a terribly hard decision to make in the end.

It's going to be another super busy week in the office, but after 2 busy weeks already, I know I can fit a work out in if I choose to, and I know I can eat right. Cooking multiple portions of dinner so I have leftovers I can simply reheat an evening or two a week really helps me too. I did last night's risotto for 4, so I've got 2 dinner's worth sorted already this week. I've got a dinner and drinks out on Thursday night, but I'll jump that bridge when I get to it.

Hope you all had great weekends! I had a lovely time at home, catching up with friends and spending some time with my Dad, although I was in the office for a half-day yesterday, but I still feel fairly refreshed.

2 comments:

dddddddd said...

Gold star all round, you are doing fab, defo inspiration! xxx

Peridot said...

Wow - resisting cakes is NEVER an easy decision for me but results either in guilt or sulkiness and resentment.

And getting a cream tea in - yum! I love a cream tea.....

Px