Wednesday 14 July 2010

One small battle won ...

... so many more to go.

But for today, I'm content.

Know why?

Know how many bits of my home-baking passed my lips yesterday?

Not one.

Zip.

Zero.

Nada.

In your dirty face, Cake!!!

But not in mine :-)

And it wasn't even that hard in the end. They were all gone by mid-afternoon. Clearly I wasn't paying enough attention to them, in fact, as I wasn't aware they'd all gone and I'd forgotten to put one aside for my flatmate! Doh!!

I had a real craving for risotto last night (the butternut squash and bacon one from the WW's magazine), so I popped round to the supermarket last night to pick up the bits I needed for it. Only problem was that when I got home and started laying out ingredients, I realised I'd forgotten to get any wine - argggh!!

Rather than get side-tracked into eating something I didn't have enough points for, I prepped the first half of the dish and put it in the oven to roast and ran back out to go and get the wine (just a baby bottle though as I don't really drink wine anymore - too many points) and also the milk and salad I also forgot earlier.

Devotion indeed.

So I had a very tasty risotto or dinner with a big pile of fresh spinach on the side, and a small glass of wine (had to finish the baby bottle), and allowed myself a handful of Crunchie Nuggets from the pack my flatmate had opened. Not a bad day at all!

I've pre-tracked my points today, and I've got the other half of the risotto for tea tonight. I've got my third counselling session tonight, so I'm really pleased to have an easy tea sorted for when I get back, as I'm always hungry and that's when the accidental takeaway episodes tend to occur!

I don't feel like I've done much exercise yet this week, but I wont eat myself up about that - just get in what I can, when I can.

I had another call from the recruitment agency yesterday about a third job they want to put me forwards for .... another one in Worcester. So typical that I decide a move to Bristol would be nice and they start finding jobs in Worcester for me!

The only other thing to report is I've started putting together my lists for Costa Rica (and other to-do things like wedding presents for this weekend) and I suddenly feel like I've a lot to do. Time to start ticking things off one at a time I think, so it's not all left til the last minute!

- Posted from my iPhone

1 comment:

Seren said...

Well done you! Your last post inspired me to get baking so there is currently a sliced-n-diced loaf of banana bread in the freezer, but I'm going to follow your lead and not touch a morsel (unless legitimately pointed, of course).

Hope your next counselling session goes ok for you.

Sx