Thursday 23 April 2009

Feeling a little bit virtuous

After reading all those emails at work earlier re my next-door neighbour's running exploits, I randomly decided on the way home, that it was about time I got my own lardy arse back out pounding the pavements, and given that the weather was good there was no better time than the present.

With a bit of trepidation, since I haven't run since before I knackered my back in Jan, and therefore also since before I started WW's, I set out round my usual route.

No kidding - I ran better than I ever had before. I'm shit at running - I was only just trying to teach myself before the back troubles began, but I ran further round my 1.5 mile circuit than I've managed before, before I decided to walk for a breather - over half-way round in fact. I only had two further little breathers round the whole circuit - both at the end of up-hill sections.

I know that to any seasoned runner that is a rubbish performance, I'm proudly proud of what I managed.

Only trouble is I've now been talked in to going running with my neighbour on a weekly basis, starting tomorrow. I've never run with someone else before, and I'm oddly scared.

1 comment:

Natasha said...

I would love to be able to run 1.5 miles, so it's definitely not rubbish to me! Congratulations. You should be very proud.