Monday 13 April 2009

The scales were kind

I like the scales - despite my misgivings about how much bad stuff has passed my lips this weekend, they've very kindly taken another lb off my weight. I can live with that.

So back to another week of tracking and being good for me. I'm really getting the hang of this now, and funny enough, the only times that I struggle with it are when I think about what I'm trying to achieve, i.e. when I look at the big picture, and not the here and now.


Not that I struggle with the points itself exactly, as I usually don't. It's more that my mind seems to balk at the concept of having to control my food and my habits for so long (well, for ever, really), and at the amount of weight I have to lose. And then I get a sense of blind panic at the size of the endeavour I've undertaken. So I shan't think about it.


Instead I shall concentrate on the 3 lbs I want to lose to get to 14 and a 1/2 stone, then the 1 lb to take me to a 2 stone loss, and the next 6 lbs that will take me to 14 stone, and on into the 13's - much more doable. The rest will then hopefully follow on afterwards, and every little lb lost takes me closer to my eventual target.


In a little non-scales victory today, it was so sunny out that I thought I'd put on a short skirt for a change. Not a knee-length skirt, but an actual above the knees, mid-thigh denim mini-skirt. I've always really liked the look of a denim mini-skirt with dark tights and long UGG boots, but for a long time now, I didn't think my legs would like it too. But today I just thought what the hell and went out exactly like that. It's a long time since I've ventured out to a non-fancy dress event with my legs voluntarily on show (leggings don't count), so I'm feeling upbeat that I've got enough confidence to do it today.


And on that note, I'm taking them back out again as I've just been summoned to the pub to go and sit in the garden - it's a tough life!!

1 comment:

donnyprincess said...

Congrats hun,
I hope the scales are a snice to me on weds as they have been to you this week
xx