Monday 14 September 2009

Monday Weigh In

Loss: -3.5lbs
Emotion: Not particularly overwhelmed as have a sneaking suspicion that it's not quite a true number due to spending large amounts of the last week lying in bed being feeble and doing absolutely bugger all exercise!

So, as mentioned earlier in the week, the scales have dropped quite sharply and ended up staying there this week. I'm glad to say that my eating has been pretty steady all week. I was about 5 points over at the end of the week, due to the pizza and dessert blow-out, back on about Tues or Weds, but other than that it was all good.

One weird thing about this week though, is that my weight has dropped out of the obese BMI zone and into Overweight without me noticing. Been so busy being distracted by other stuff that it completely by-passed me until I thought about it this morning, which is hilarious because I've been fixated on that number for weeks now! lol

I'm feeling a tiny bit more comfortable today, possibly due to the addition of paracetamol into the tablet cocktail on the advice of the out of hours services from the doctors yesterday, but still pretty shonky on the whole. I'm trying to get a doctor's appointment for this morning to get it re-checked, but their telephone system seems to have rather inconveniently broken so I've been getting a busy tone for the last hour, where there's normally an automated service and a queuing system. We're giving it another 5 mins, and then my Dad's coming round to just drive me down there and see what we can do.

Started tracking separately yesterday for the gym challenge. It's more detail that my WW's tracker as I have to fill in times, moods before and after and a few other bits and bobs, but I just do it at the same time as my online tracker and it's not too bad.

So, here's hoping that the doc a) has some answers, b) has a stronger prescription for me, and c) signs me off work for some or all of this week, so I can stop stressing about that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope the dr has some answers. 3 lbs is 12 sticks of butter off your body. your being laid up you adjusted your food for the lack of exercise. Take your loss.

Cole Walter Mellon said...

I have two weigh-in rules (1) never apologize for a good number and (2) always make up lame excuses for a bad number.